When transferred to voice mail, there are no prompts RRS feed

• Question

• External phone calls rings my user and if they don't pick up, all the caller hears is dead air, but the phone call isn't disconnected.  Only happens for two users.  Everyone elses voice mail works fine.

Any idea where to start looking for this?

Tuesday, June 18, 2013 10:39 PM

Answers

• I had similar issues with a Mediant 1000 a few months ago and it was due to a firmware version (as in we upgraded and it caused the problem - this was resolved on the subsequent release from Audiocodes)

Are you on the latest firmware? 

• Proposed as answer by Lisa.zheng Wednesday, June 26, 2013 6:32 AM
    • Marked as answer by Lisa.zheng Tuesday, July 2, 2013 7:36 AM
    Thursday, June 20, 2013 4:43 PM
  • Did other tones work correctly?

It is likely related with the gateway configuration. Please check the DTMF setting on Gateway.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Friday, June 21, 2013 3:31 AM

All replies

• Can the caller leave a message? (I guess it's hard not hearing the prompts) but maybe just make some noise (to try and determine if it's a one-way audio problem.

Also check the "User Call Logs" on the Exchange UM server in the Toolbox (in EMC) to see if there's calls coming in for the user. 

Wednesday, June 19, 2013 1:29 AM
  • Hi

Check if Enable ReferSupport on Trunk Configuration is enabled are not

Lync Control Panel -> VoiceRouting -> Trunk Configuration -> Check Enable refer support.

If it not enabled. Enable and check if you are able to leave the messages.

Whenever you see a helpful reply, click on Vote As Helpful & click on Mark As Answer if a post answers your question.

Wednesday, June 19, 2013 8:13 AM
  • We were able to leave a VM, but it sounded horrible (like encrypted Transformer movie speak...hahaha).  Will have to look into the logs and see if I see anything about calls coming in for the user.  The user's phone does ring, so I would assume that is being logged.
    Wednesday, June 19, 2013 2:58 PM
  • Enabled refer support and tried again and still no joy.  Still no workie.
    Wednesday, June 19, 2013 2:58 PM
  • What type of voice gateway are you using? 
    Wednesday, June 19, 2013 7:50 PM
  • We're using a Mediant-1000 as the gateway.  So it goes from ISP to Mediant-1000 to Lync, which is configured with Unified Messaging.
    Thursday, June 20, 2013 4:30 PM
  • I had similar issues with a Mediant 1000 a few months ago and it was due to a firmware version (as in we upgraded and it caused the problem - this was resolved on the subsequent release from Audiocodes)

Are you on the latest firmware? 

Thursday, June 20, 2013 4:43 PM
  • Did other tones work correctly?

It is likely related with the gateway configuration. Please check the DTMF setting on Gateway.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Friday, June 21, 2013 3:31 AM