Aero stopped working, tried everything. RRS feed

• Question

• I recently updated my graphics driver (ATI Radeon HD 4870) to the Catalyst 10.10 driver, and Aero stopped working. I've tried rolling back to the 10.9, 10.8, and 10.7 drivers, both the full Catalyst package and the stand-alone driver. So far I've tried:

- The Aero troubleshooter: reports no problem.

- Creating a new user account: has the same problem as my main account.

- Windows Experience Index is a 7.2

- Tried uninstalling the Catalyst package and installing new drivers, uninstalling the device and using the windows driver, neither works.

- The EnableAeroPeek registry key is set to 1, tried forcing Aero by adding the Blur, UseMachineCheck, Animations keys, didn't work.

- Tried flipping to a non-Aero theme and back, didn't help.

- Tried 'best appearance' under the advance settings, didn't change anything. Tried going to best performance and then back, didn't make a difference.

- Aero Peek, transparent window borders/taskbar, desktop and thumbnail previews all do not work.

Any other ideas? : |

Thursday, November 4, 2010 8:39 PM

Answers

• Hi,

You can try this Windows Aero Glass visual effects are not working or displayed automatically troubleshoot services.

Regards,

Miya

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. | Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Miya Yao Friday, November 12, 2010 7:51 AM
    Monday, November 8, 2010 8:24 AM

All replies

• Calculate the Experience Index again.

"A programmer is just a tool which converts caffeine into code" CLIP- Stellvertreter http://www.winvistaside.de/
    Thursday, November 4, 2010 10:58 PM
  • Tried it, no change except it's 7.1 now (my limiting factor is my main drive's free space which changed a little, graphics/gaming graphics are both 7.5).
    Friday, November 5, 2010 12:51 AM
  • Hi,

You can try this Windows Aero Glass visual effects are not working or displayed automatically troubleshoot services.

Regards,

Miya

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. | Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Miya Yao Friday, November 12, 2010 7:51 AM
    Monday, November 8, 2010 8:24 AM