none
Update Linked Projects Without Master RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm having some trouble getting linked projects to update. I don't know if my setup is normal. For any given project I have a design office file and a production file. I link the production to the design file but I do this without a master project. I just set up a macro that writes the predecessor in correctly.  This works perfectly but the problem is that if I was to make a change to the design office project it only pushes that through into the production project if they are both open. 

The Structure of my project files is like this:

- Overall Master File

-----Design Master File

----------Individual Design Project Files

-----Production Master File

----------Individual Production Project Files

So when the design office updates their timing I want production to be able to see this but unless you open both files it doesn't come through. I suspect that this is because I've got projects linked without a common master project. I'm really hoping to avoid the common master project because it adds another layer of projects that I'd like to do without.

Is there anyway to force a project to get the latest info from server each time?

I'd tired some images to explain things but I guess my account isn't verified..

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Nick

Monday, March 4, 2019 11:08 PM