none
Showing PDF in IE 9 Browser RRS feed

• Question

• Hi I been trying to find a solution for this problem:

We have a requirement to be able to show a pdf document in the browser (we cannot open it in the adobe reader as a work around) and following is the code we are using in c# to be able to do that..

HttpContext.Response.AddHeader("Content-Disposition""inline;filename=filename.pdf"); HttpContext.Response.ContentType = "application/pdf";

HttpContext.Response.BinaryWrite(filebytes);

But the document just won't open, it shows a blank scree, the code is perfectly right and it used to work in IE8 and the other browsers firefox, chrome but is not working in IE9.

Can you please let me know if there is some header we are missing or something that has to be set specifically for IE 9. I have come across some blogs that say we have to have the right version of adobe reader plugin for IE9 but we are  not sure what to download.. I currently have Adobe Version 10.1.6. I am not sure what is the plugin we need to have for IE9 to display the pdf document inside the browser ?

Can someone please suggest me what is going on here ?

Thanks

Thursday, March 28, 2013 6:50 PM

All replies

• The problem is within Adobe PDF settings. Open Adobe and go to Edit>Preferences> and on the left under Categories select "Security (Enhanced)" and on the right,
    Under Enhanced Security, uncheck "Enable Enhanced Security". Click Ok Close and reopen browser.

Thursday, March 28, 2013 7:44 PM
  • No :( it didn't work...
    Thursday, March 28, 2013 9:11 PM

• Hi,

As the issue is related to ASP.NET, I would like to suggest you visit ASP.NET forum for help:

ASP.NET Forums
    http://forums.asp.net/

Thanks.

Nicholas Li
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, April 1, 2013 7:39 AM