none
Some domain joined users logging through temporary profile

Question

• Hi All,
    Recently many users in our domain are logging through temporary profile ,most of the time the issue gets resolved after rebooting and some times we need to delete the profile from registry ,i was thinking is this issue could be because of the domain controller,we are running domain controller on windows server 2012 R2 and windows server 2008 R2

TechGUy,System Administrator.

Tuesday, February 21, 2017 10:47 AM

All replies

• Try solution from the below link, this will sole the issue:

https://helgeklein.com/blog/2011/11/temporary-user-profiles/

Tuesday, February 21, 2017 2:13 PM
  • Hi,
    The user logon as temporary profile can caused many reasons, did you see any events logged in the event viewer when user logon as temporary profile?
    And you could let a problematic user log on other compute and check the result. The temp profile could be caused by permission issue. Please make sure that the user is the owner of the C:\Users\username\NTUSER.dat.
    In addition, please create a new user account in AD and use it to log in, then see if the same problem occurs again.
    Best regards,
    Wendy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Wednesday, February 22, 2017 6:44 AM
  • Hi All,
    Recently many users in our domain are logging through temporary profile ,most of the time the issue gets resolved after rebooting and some times we need to delete the profile from registry ,i was thinking is this issue could be because of the domain controller,we are running domain controller on windows server 2012 R2 and windows server 2008 R2

TechGUy,System Administrator.

Hi

If the data in the registry key that starts with "S-1-5-21-" which you delete from registery,I think is the Security ID (SID) for the user,so there should be a hotfix on DC site.Just fully patches both Server 2008 and server 2012 DC then observe for a while..

This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties or guarantees,and confers no rights. Best regards Burak Uğur

Wednesday, February 22, 2017 9:02 AM