Sync issues between project site task list and Project 2013/Online RRS feed

• Question

• I have a relatively small project that is sync'ed between Project 2013 and a project site task list on SharePoint Online.  Recently I added several sub-tasks from withing Project 2013, saved the project, saw that it successfully sync'ed with the task list and then I closed the project.  Someone else then added resources to various project tasks (not just the new ones) from the task list.  I then opened the project in Project 2013 again and as it was performing the initial sync with the task list, I noticed that all the rows with recently added subtasks were blank and then I got the message "Microsoft Project - We can't sync the project because task 8 doesn't have a Task Name.  Enter a Task Name and try again".  

If I put in a task name for task 8, then I get the same message for task 9, etc.

Anyone have any idea why I would be running into this issue?   The recently added subtasks are all present in the SharePoint Online task list, but Project 2013 isn't seeing them for some reason (even though they were created in Project 2013!).  It's weird too because Project 2013 sees something because there are blank lines corresponding to each of the recently added subtasks.

Have been using this environment for a couple months and this is the first time I've run into this problem.  I've done plenty of successful project editing prior to this.

Thanks,

Kirke

Thursday, December 4, 2014 5:45 PM