SCSM 2012 Portal View on Server 2012 RRS feed

• Question

• I've run into a problem where the SCSM portal doesn't display in IE 11 on Server 2012 R2. It works in IE 11 on any Windows 7 machine.

We've configured remote apps so end users can remote in from home to approve change management and take care of tickets.  This used to work, but recently stopped.

The only thing viewable on the portal is the title bar and the left hand side showing Home, Help Articles, My Requests, My activities.

Has anyone run into this? Is there something I need to look for on the Server?

Thanks

Thursday, September 18, 2014 1:45 PM

All replies

• if your silverlight is blank, it's probably a certificate issue, but look through the whole troubleshooting article in case it's something else. 
    Thursday, September 18, 2014 3:49 PM
  • Thank you for the response. Ive gone through the troubleshooting and have had no luck yet. It works just fine on windows 7 and on 8.1 running IE 11. Just the Server 2012 it won't work on.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled Silverlight with no luck. Yet. Very odd.

Thursday, September 18, 2014 4:55 PM
  • If it's working properly from clients running IE11 and not from the server, i'll put my money on some security settings on the server itself. IE Enhanced Security settings maybe?

Regards
    //Anders

Anders Asp | Lumagate | www.lumagate.com | Sweden | My blog: www.scsm.se

Friday, September 26, 2014 11:21 AM
  • It may also be a networking issue. Are your client machines and servers on the same networks/subnets/etc...? I ran into issues with the portal once due to improper load-balancing configuration. Only some networks had access to the content host. 

Also, I ran into a similar issue where the webservice was malformed. We made the following changes:

Change made to ContentHost web.config:

From:  <endpoint address=https://site-contenthost.domain.com/ServiceHost/Services/DataAccessService.svc
    To:  <endpoint address="../ServiceHost/Services/DataAccessService.svc"

- Slow is smooth and smooth is fast.

Friday, September 26, 2014 5:45 PM