Reserved site code used (CON) for secondary site, removed site, but errors in smsdbmon.log RRS feed

• Question

• I recently created a secondary site using a reserved name (CON).  After a couple of days of troubleshooting a general slowdown on sccm I found that this reserved name and a couple of others cannot be used.  I have looked for a solution to this in another forum http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/configmgradminconsole/thread/8b4d0592-336a-423f-a23c-bfa4419843e3/ , but still no luck for a resolution.  I have since removed this secondary site and created another with a different site code (CIN) and all components such as software distribution, proxy management point, pxe role etc are all working apart from the smsdbmon.log file logging the following events continuously;

Warning: Could not create file C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Configuration Manager\inboxes\hman.box\CON.SSU, Error=6. SMS_DATABASE_NOTIFICATION_MONITOR 23/09/2010 00:23:01 16724 (0x4154)
    Warning: Could not create file C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Configuration Manager\inboxes\WSUSMgr.box\CON.SHA, Error=6.

Warning: Could not create file C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Configuration Manager\inboxes\ddmnotif.box\CON.SCA, Error=6.

How can I resolve this error?  I have restarted the threads/services/system but no luck resolving it. 

Central Primary Site (MAR), x64 Win 2008, SQL 2008.

Secondary Site (CIN), x64 Win 2008

Thanks

Friday, September 24, 2010 9:07 AM

Answers

•  

Hi,

I noticed this issue is related to SCCM. Please understand it is SCE Forum here. To get more appropriate support, it is recommended that you go to the relevant forum for SCCM:

System Center Configuration Manager Forums

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/category/configurationmanager/

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation. Hope this issue will be resolved soon.

Nicholas Li - MSFT
    Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Nicholas Li Monday, September 27, 2010 8:37 AM
    Monday, September 27, 2010 8:37 AM

All replies