Lost Aero theme RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi all

I hope someone can help me. I re-installed my Vista Home Premium today and I have lost the Aero theme, It's not in the colour and appearance section of the control panel at all. How do I get it back?

Wednesday, June 18, 2008 6:37 PM

Answers

•  

I found out what the problem was. I installed an driver update for my display adapter off of Windows Update. Since then I had no aero theme. I uninstalled the update and it works again.
    Thursday, June 19, 2008 4:08 PM

All replies

• Neil

When you reinstall, some or all of the current drivers may be replaced with the older versions on the installation disk. 

Go to the website of your installed video card manufacturer and download/install the latest drivers.

Also, check the WEI score on the system. Right click Computer and select Properties. In the System section, click the Windows Experience Index link. What is the Graphics Score there?

Let us know.

If this post helps to resolve your issue, click the Mark as Answer button at the top of this message.
    By marking a post as Answered, you help others find the answer faster.

Ronnie Vernon
    Microsoft MVP
    Windows Desktop Experience
    Thursday, June 19, 2008 12:16 AM
  •  

I found out what the problem was. I installed an driver update for my display adapter off of Windows Update. Since then I had no aero theme. I uninstalled the update and it works again.
    Thursday, June 19, 2008 4:08 PM
  • Neil

Excellent glad you got the problem sorted. Enjoy the view.

If this post helps to resolve your issue, click the Mark as Answer button at the top of this message.
    By marking a post as Answered, you help others find the answer faster.

Ronnie Vernon
    Microsoft MVP
    Windows Desktop Experience
    Thursday, June 19, 2008 4:41 PM