none
Storage Replica - MSA - 3PAR disk choise

Question

• Hello,
    I have a project where i need to have storage replication between a MSA P2000 and 3PAR. As MSA does not support SSD disks i am not sure of the replication might have issues or lateness while performing. Normally there should be 2 VDisks, one ofr Data and one for LOG. The LOG one apparently is demanded to be a SSD media of a minimal size of 9GB.
    Please may someone suggest if i can declare the SAS on P2000 as a SSD VDISK without having problems? What might be the problems in that case anyway?
    Thank you
    Arber 

Tuesday, March 28, 2017 9:35 PM

All replies

• Hi Sir,

>> The LOG one apparently is demanded to be a SSD media of a minimal size of 9GB.

Yes , LOG disk should be SSD which providing high performance . 

As we know SSD would provide higher I/O than SAS .

But it should work in your environment (might not experience high performance as you expected ) ,if the disk configuration meet the requirement below:

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server-docs/storage/storage-replica/stretch-cluster-replication-using-shared-storage

In addition , I had successfully built a lab with only iSCSI disks for storage replication .

Best Regards,

Elton

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, March 29, 2017 2:04 PM