none
Powershell Core has take over my Integrated Console in VSCode RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hello

I have recently installed powershell core v6.  I wanted to check it out and see what it is like and it is easy to switch to in windows terminal if i want to play with it.  After installing Version 6 though VS code keeps using core for my integrated console despite my settings json pointing to the powershell.exe in system 32.  How can i fix this?  Our environment is all on version 5.1 and core is missing many features and cmdlets that are in 5.1.  I need these when testing scripts i will deploy.  I can add another terminal and it will use powershell 5.1 but since it is not integrated running script blocks fails some times. Here is my settings.json

{
        "terminal.integrated.shell.windows""C:\\WINDOWS\\System32\\WindowsPowerShell\\v1.0\\powershell.exe",
        "window.zoomLevel"0,
        "editor.suggestSelection""first",
        "vsintellicode.modify.editor.suggestSelection""automaticallyOverrodeDefaultValue",
        "explorer.confirmDragAndDrop"false,
        "files.autoSave""afterDelay",
        "powershell.powerShellDefaultVersion""Windows Powershell (x64)",
        "editor.accessibilitySupport""off"
    }

Monday, December 9, 2019 6:04 PM

All replies

• This is not a VSCode forum. You will have to post VSCode q1uestions in the correct forum. Your question has noting to do with PowerShell.

\_(ツ)_/

Monday, December 9, 2019 6:35 PM
  • My bad.  I thought a powershell integrated terminal had something to do with powershell.  I'll look elsewhere.
    Monday, December 9, 2019 6:37 PM
  • A PowerShell integrated terminal does have something to do with PowerShell.

But this forum isn't a forum for "something to do with PowerShell". It's a scripting Q&A forum.

-- Bill Stewart [Bill_Stewart]

Monday, December 9, 2019 6:50 PM
  • VSCode is an external tool. How it works has noting to do with PowerShell it is just a tool that allows editing and debugging of aby kind of code that it has support for. How the configuration components work and how to use it are not PowerShell issues the same as issues with Visual Studio or any other editor for code.

\_(ツ)_/

Monday, December 9, 2019 8:01 PM