Lync 2010 client cannot share desktop to Skype for Business client RRS feed

• Question

• Currently we have onpremise Lync Server 2013 environment. There are users who still use Lync 2010 client on Windows 7. We start piloting Skype for Business client based on Office 2016 Pro Plus installer on Windows 10. SfB client doing fine while sharing desktop to user who logged on using Lync 2010 client. But, Lync 2010 client cannot share desktop to user who logged-on using SfB client. Share desktop run normally between two Lync 2010 client users.

Is this by design? or any policy / registry can we deployed to make share desktop iniated by Lync 2010 client work smoothly?

Tuesday, July 9, 2019 8:27 PM

Answers

• Hi Read One,

I have tested in my test environment, I get the same result as yours. For this issue, I suggest you try  to update the Lync 2010 to Office 2013/2016, then try to use Lync 2013 Client or SFB client.  

Best Regards,
    Evan Jiang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Marked as answer by Read One Wednesday, July 10, 2019 7:57 AM
    Wednesday, July 10, 2019 2:41 AM

All replies

• Hi Read One,

I have tested in my test environment, I get the same result as yours. For this issue, I suggest you try  to update the Lync 2010 to Office 2013/2016, then try to use Lync 2013 Client or SFB client.  

Best Regards,
    Evan Jiang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Marked as answer by Read One Wednesday, July 10, 2019 7:57 AM
    Wednesday, July 10, 2019 2:41 AM
  • Hi Evan87 Jiang,

Thanks for your test result and suggestion.

Wednesday, July 10, 2019 7:58 AM