locked
SharePoint my sites not working for some users. RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hi!

    I have an exeption for some user when they try to enter there "my site", but for some users it works and they can enter there my site, the most part of the my sites does not work.

    Exception Unhandled exception caught during execution of Microsoft.SharePoint.Portal.PageBase::ErrorHandler(). Exception information: Exception information: System.UriFormatException: Invalid URI: A port was expected because of there is a colon (':') present but the port could not be parsed.     at System.Uri.CreateThis(String uri, Boolean dontEscape, UriKind uriKind)     at Microsoft.Office.Server.UserProfiles.UserProfile.get_PersonalSite()     at Microsoft.SharePoint.Portal.WebControls.PersonalPageCommon.OnInit(Page objPage)     at Microsoft.SharePoint.Portal.WebControls.PersonalWebPartPage.OnInit(EventArgs e)

     

    SharePoint enviroment is MOSS 2007 12.0.0.6421

    Any one has seen this before or have solution?

    Tuesday, June 28, 2011 8:56 AM

Answers

  • HI,

    I suggest these steps for you:

    1, Try logging directly from the WFE to find out if this issue is related to any specific WFE.

    2. If this does not work then enable verbose mode of logging and try to capture maximum details.

     

    I hope thsi will help.

    Thanks,

    Rahul Rashu

    • Marked as answer by Peng Lei Friday, July 8, 2011 8:07 AM
    Tuesday, July 5, 2011 2:49 PM

All replies

  • Hi Tompa J,

     

    Could you please go through the following two blog posts and try the solutions there, see if these could help you to solve this issue:

    http://metahat.blogspot.com/2007/05/mysite-not-working-sharepoint-2007.html;

    http://blog.pointbeyond.com/2009/12/04/sharepoint-my-site-not-working/.

     

    Thanks & Regards,

    Peng Lei

    Wednesday, June 29, 2011 3:30 AM
  • Hi!

    I went through them now and did not solved the problem. I tried to make a new my site and copy(sharepoint designer) the person.aspx and default.aspx to the production my sites without any change the error still remains.

    One thing thats funny is that when i browse to the "Site Settings" page for a my site for a user that has the error i can succesfully enter the settingspage!

    http://mysites:port/personal/username/_layouts/settings.aspx

    I have looked att the AAM:s to but can see anything wrong there, i tried to delete AAM entrys and recreate them but no difference.

    And its still strange that for some users it still works!

    /t

    Wednesday, June 29, 2011 7:15 AM
  • HI,

    I suggest these steps for you:

    1, Try logging directly from the WFE to find out if this issue is related to any specific WFE.

    2. If this does not work then enable verbose mode of logging and try to capture maximum details.

     

    I hope thsi will help.

    Thanks,

    Rahul Rashu

    • Marked as answer by Peng Lei Friday, July 8, 2011 8:07 AM
    Tuesday, July 5, 2011 2:49 PM