Can't Access My Email Account Settings RRS feed

• Question

• HEEELLLLLPPPP!!!

I recently upgraded to MS Office 365 Pro Plus 2019 (which may have been a gigantic mistake), and much to my surprise I can't access my Outlook email settings; at least not the way I've always been able to in the past.

When I click on File>Account Settings>Account Settings, select one of them and click "Change", all I get is "General Settings" Consisting of my name, the account name and the "Leave a copy...", "Remove from the server after NN days", and "Remove from server when deleted from Deleted Items".  Then there're two buttons, "Reset Mail settings" which does nothing and "Next" which just opens a page that says "Account successfully updated" - even when I first press the "Reset..." button.

Were in heaven's name are my settings for my password, the IN/OUT server names, the ports used, et al, and how can I access them to make changes or adjustments???????  At the top of the "Account Settings" dialog where it says, "You can add or remove an account.  You can select an account and change its settings", which at the moment appears to be a big fat lie.

Can someone please tell me how/where in Outlook I can access the detailed settings of my email accounts? 

Capt. Dinosaur

• Moved by Perry-Pan Monday, August 5, 2019 3:13 AM
    Sunday, August 4, 2019 9:04 PM

Answers

• Hi,

As far as I know, this is a new feature in newer version of Office 365, you will see a new, simplified account dialog.

To change the advanced settings of POP/IMAP account, please refer to following options:

Option 1: Repair Account

1. Go to File > Account Settings > Account Settings.
    2. Select your account and choose Repair.
    3. Expand the Advanced options and select “Let me repair my account manually”.
    4. Click Repair.

Options 2: Mail in Control Panel

1. Open Control Panel > Mail > Show Profiles.
    2. Select the profile which you want to change.
    3. Choose Properties > Email Accounts.
    4. Double Click POP/IMAP account. You will see the previous ‘Change Account’ dialog.

Options 3: Send/Receive Settings

1. Click Send/Receive tab > Send/Receive groups > Define Send/Receive groups.
    2. Click Edit.
    3. Select the account you want to change and click “Account Properties..”

Hope the information is helpful to you.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

• Edited by Perry-Pan Monday, August 5, 2019 3:12 AM
    • Marked as answer by Capt. Dinosaur Monday, August 5, 2019 10:09 AM
    Monday, August 5, 2019 3:08 AM

All replies

• Hi,

As far as I know, this is a new feature in newer version of Office 365, you will see a new, simplified account dialog.

To change the advanced settings of POP/IMAP account, please refer to following options:

Option 1: Repair Account

1. Go to File > Account Settings > Account Settings.
    2. Select your account and choose Repair.
    3. Expand the Advanced options and select “Let me repair my account manually”.
    4. Click Repair.

Options 2: Mail in Control Panel

1. Open Control Panel > Mail > Show Profiles.
    2. Select the profile which you want to change.
    3. Choose Properties > Email Accounts.
    4. Double Click POP/IMAP account. You will see the previous ‘Change Account’ dialog.

Options 3: Send/Receive Settings

1. Click Send/Receive tab > Send/Receive groups > Define Send/Receive groups.
    2. Click Edit.
    3. Select the account you want to change and click “Account Properties..”

Hope the information is helpful to you.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

• Edited by Perry-Pan Monday, August 5, 2019 3:12 AM
    • Marked as answer by Capt. Dinosaur Monday, August 5, 2019 10:09 AM
    Monday, August 5, 2019 3:08 AM
  • Thanks a million Perry_Pan. I wasn't sure about Option 1, but Option 2 worked great. Unfortunately in the latest version of Windows 10, Control Panel is no longer in the right-click Start menu.  I used the search to find it and pinned it to my start menu and taskbar, so now everything's great.  As for Option 3, I haven't tried it, but I will.

I appreciate your answer.

Capt. Dinosaur

Monday, August 5, 2019 10:13 AM