Configuring the AD FS Identifier so that it matches the AD FS token issuer RRS feed

• Question

• I'm in a complete brain fart and I feel as though my eyes are going to pop out of my head troubleshooting ADFS. I am trying to set ADFS Identifier so that it matches the token issuer. If I do Get-AdfsProperties in PowerShell it works very well. The problem comes when I want to set the -Identifier to match the token issuer. Its giving a weird error. Below is my PowerShell script and results.

PS C:\Windows\system32>$adfsProperties = Get-AdfsProperties PS C:\Windows\system32>Set-AdfsProperties -Identifier $adfsProperties.IdTokenIssuer Set-AdfsProperties : Cannot validate the argument on parameter 'Identifier'. The argument is null. Provide a valid value for the argument, then try running the command again. At line: 1 cahr: 32 +Set-AdfsProperties -Identifier $adfsProperties.IdTokenIssuer + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ + CategoryInfo :InvalidData: (:) [Set-AdfsProperties], ParameterBindingException +FullyQualifiedErrorId :PositionalParameterNotFound, Microsoft.IdentityServer.Management.COmmands.SetServicePropertiesCommand

Any help please!!

Monday, December 2, 2019 7:53 AM

All replies

• Please post you code correctly formatted and posted. What you have posted in unreadable:

\_(ツ)_/

Monday, December 2, 2019 8:00 AM
  • Please read the documentation. The "Identity" requires and FS URI. Your value is null so it will throw an exception.\

Please take time to read the error message and test your arguments against the error reported.

\_(ツ)_/

Monday, December 2, 2019 8:04 AM