none
extension dll exception when filtering out synced users RRS feed

• Question

• hello everyone,

I have these 2 active directory connector syncing users from one domain to another,

I now have to filter some users out of the sync process so I added a filter on the source connector, and as soon as I add this filter I get an extension dll exception for all users that meet the filtering criteria :

System.Exception: Attribute "st" is not present.
       at Mms_Metaverse.MVExtensionObject.Microsoft.MetadirectoryServices.IMVSynchronization.Provision(MVEntry mventry) in C:\Fim source code\mvextension\MVExtension\MVExtension.cs:line 142

this attribute is present for the user and zhen I re;ove the filter the sync zorks fine,

also if I preview the user account I see that it has an attribute recall and repopulation thing it's trying to do... no idea why !

anyone can help ?

thanks ! 

Hitch Bardawil

Thursday, March 10, 2016 5:33 PM

All replies

• Hi,

What's your code look like at and around line 142? That might help shed some light.

Thanks!

Thursday, March 10, 2016 6:06 PM
  • Most likely there is an object in the MV that does not have a value in the "st" attribute and you're not checking for presence first.  Search the Metaverse for st is not present to track down the object(s). Best practice though is to perform a presence check first such as if (csentry["st"].IsPresent) { // then do your action here }

Best,

Jeff Ingalls

Thursday, March 10, 2016 6:50 PM