Add Incident Classification List RRS feed

• Question

• Hey guys,

is it possible to create a new incident form for every Queue with different classification categorie lists?

We want to add a incident Queue and incident User Role for each incident Support Group to manage the rights and views.

But we need to give different classification categories to the support teams.

For Example: Team Client Service needs categories like computer, monitor, installation, etc

Team Pool Management needs categories like software, hardware, etc

I don´t want to add all these categories to one list. It would be more than 30 categories for 18 teams.

I want to create an own form for each team with different categories by using the default incident form.

Can anyone give me some tips how to do this? I coudn´t find anything.

Thanks

Friday, October 25, 2013 9:46 AM

Answers

• This is not possible in SM, the Classification Category list (and any list) cannot be related on other list selection (such as the Support Group one).

So you need to add all the required categories to that list which all will be available to all support groups.

Friday, October 25, 2013 11:33 AM
  • You can only have one form each class. Means -> One form for Incident class and that's it.

Andreas Baumgarten | H&D International Group

Monday, October 28, 2013 12:21 PM

All replies

• This is not possible in SM, the Classification Category list (and any list) cannot be related on other list selection (such as the Support Group one).

So you need to add all the required categories to that list which all will be available to all support groups.

Friday, October 25, 2013 11:33 AM
  • If i create a Custom Form (a new management pack) for each Incindent Support Team with the same fields but binding an other custom list to the category list picker?

Shouldn´t it be possible?

Monday, October 28, 2013 11:48 AM
  • You can only have one form each class. Means -> One form for Incident class and that's it.

Andreas Baumgarten | H&D International Group

Monday, October 28, 2013 12:21 PM