Lost my favoriate Link after updating my Window 7 RRS feed

• Question

• I have a Sony Vaio with lap top with Window 7 as operating system.  I had it for for about 1.5 years.  Lately I follow the request propped from Window that need to update my Window.  It took me about 20 minutes to finish all the process.  But after restarted the computer, I do not have my favorite link. 

How can I recover my link?  Thanks.

Monday, August 1, 2011 9:01 PM

Answers

• Is the menu bar missing or is the favorites menu empty? See the following discussion on how to show the favorites window:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/ie/forum/ie9-windows_7/my-favorites-bar-disappeared-after-installing/2c5c350e-655c-e011-8dfc-68b599b31bf5

Hope this helps.

Tuesday, August 2, 2011 3:00 AM
  • Hi,

Any updates from Microsoft won’t delete your IE favorites. If favorites lost, it should have a problem on the computer. I suggest that you may check the folder C:\Users\username\Favorites, check the files in this folder, the favorites link should in this folder.

If it exist, please take following steps to rebuilt IE favoriate:

1.	Back up the folder(C:\Users\username\Favorites).
    2.	Close Internet Explorer and delete the folder.
    3.	Reopen Internet Explorer.
    4.	Copy the backup folder to the pervious location.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Monday, August 8, 2011 1:49 AM

All replies

• Is the menu bar missing or is the favorites menu empty? See the following discussion on how to show the favorites window:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/ie/forum/ie9-windows_7/my-favorites-bar-disappeared-after-installing/2c5c350e-655c-e011-8dfc-68b599b31bf5

Hope this helps.

Tuesday, August 2, 2011 3:00 AM
  • Hi,

Any updates from Microsoft won’t delete your IE favorites. If favorites lost, it should have a problem on the computer. I suggest that you may check the folder C:\Users\username\Favorites, check the files in this folder, the favorites link should in this folder.

If it exist, please take following steps to rebuilt IE favoriate:

1.	Back up the folder(C:\Users\username\Favorites).
    2.	Close Internet Explorer and delete the folder.
    3.	Reopen Internet Explorer.
    4.	Copy the backup folder to the pervious location.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Monday, August 8, 2011 1:49 AM