none
Does Office 365 Supports Automatic Backup Policy? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Geeks!

I am new to Office365  so little worried about backup and recovery policy. As i have read much about Data loss and Data is not secure in office 365 that's why i need an expert advice about it. Any suggestion would be helpful.

Regards

Tuesday, November 5, 2019 8:41 AM

Answers

• Hey 

I have read here for answer blog.netapp.com/blogs/backup-for-office-365-its-already-included-isnt-it./ apart  I think we should use good and reliable Third-party solution. Which will maintain the hierarchy of the data after the backup process ends and along with that try demo version so that one can have an idea about the utility

• Marked as answer by Ammyjackson Saturday, November 16, 2019 10:56 AM
    Friday, November 15, 2019 12:02 PM
  • Hi,

You can refer to this post/thread here:

docs.microsoft.com/en-gb/microsoft-365/compliance/retention-policies

You can refer to this post to know about any data policy or retention policy that Office 365 has.

• Edited by Markdc123Banned Friday, November 15, 2019 12:57 PM
    • Marked as answer by Ammyjackson Saturday, November 16, 2019 10:55 AM
    Friday, November 15, 2019 12:57 PM

All replies

• Hey 

Microsoft does take backups of SharePoint repositories and if I get it correctly has backups 14 days back! Regarding encrypted files, there is now onedrive restores which functions as a snapshot-like service 30 days back! This will soon be available for team sites as well!
    There can be a lot of discussions about this subject! There’s cloud to cloud backups which I carry more than cloud to an on-premises backup solution but overall office 365 contains a lot of security features to protect against abnormal usage and preventing access to people who shouldn’t have access! Maintaining your admins to point and always use MFA
    Is more than suggested! There are features of putting an important document on hold! Putting data on-premises both defeats the purpose of the cloud and also puts data at more risk for a breach.

Friday, November 8, 2019 11:59 AM
  • Hi,

can you share any resources from where you get this information.

Thanks

Wednesday, November 13, 2019 7:37 AM
  • Hey 

I have read here for answer blog.netapp.com/blogs/backup-for-office-365-its-already-included-isnt-it./ apart  I think we should use good and reliable Third-party solution. Which will maintain the hierarchy of the data after the backup process ends and along with that try demo version so that one can have an idea about the utility

• Marked as answer by Ammyjackson Saturday, November 16, 2019 10:56 AM
    Friday, November 15, 2019 12:02 PM
  • Have gone through this blog its really helpful, Thanks!

Saturday, November 16, 2019 10:55 AM
  • If its related to email then no there is no auto backup policy instead auto-archive or other retention policies or PST can be used to have the data saved.
    Monday, November 18, 2019 2:19 PM