Exchange Server PIN for corporate mobile device RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to setup PIN for emails rcvd on corporate mobile devices. Is Auto Sync the only way to do on Exchange 2003/2007?

I noticed, Auto Sync is not currently installed on our Exchange server. How is PIN configuration possible at this point?

Any suggestions/pointers will be highly appreciated!!

-Rez

Friday, August 9, 2013 12:36 AM

Answers

• Actually, it is ActiveSync, not Auto Sync. You can set PIN requirements for mobile devices by using Active Sync policies in Exchange, but not for emails, but device in general. For example, you can set policy that PIN is required to access mobile device after 5 minutes of inactivity. 

See here for instructions: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb123994(v=exchg.141).aspx

Please mark as helpful if you find my contribution useful or as an answer if it does answer your question. That will encourage me - and others - to take time out to help you. Thank you! Damir

• Proposed as answer by damirdMVP Thursday, August 15, 2013 8:34 AM
    • Marked as answer by Rez Salahuddin Thursday, August 15, 2013 1:29 PM
    Thursday, August 15, 2013 8:33 AM

All replies

• Actually, it is ActiveSync, not Auto Sync. You can set PIN requirements for mobile devices by using Active Sync policies in Exchange, but not for emails, but device in general. For example, you can set policy that PIN is required to access mobile device after 5 minutes of inactivity. 

See here for instructions: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb123994(v=exchg.141).aspx

Please mark as helpful if you find my contribution useful or as an answer if it does answer your question. That will encourage me - and others - to take time out to help you. Thank you! Damir

• Proposed as answer by damirdMVP Thursday, August 15, 2013 8:34 AM
    • Marked as answer by Rez Salahuddin Thursday, August 15, 2013 1:29 PM
    Thursday, August 15, 2013 8:33 AM
  • I appreciate your response!
    Thursday, August 15, 2013 1:30 PM
  • I read through your link and thats exactly what I was looking for! Thank you so much for your help.

-Rez

Friday, August 16, 2013 6:21 PM