Download exception (website with legal music) RRS feed

• Question

• Hey

I work at a shelter where the residents have a computere where I have installed Steady State... However, there are many of the residents who would like to download legal music to place on the computer and listen to. I have disabled the possibility of downloading, but I was wondering if there is a way how I can place a URL to a website as an exception, so they can download from that specific webpage(s)?

Thank you for your help.

Best regards,
    Jesper Pedersen

Saturday, June 19, 2010 8:12 AM

All replies

• Hi Jesper Pedersen, how did you disable downloading? Did you disable them from Internet Explorer? If that is the case, I wonder if there is a way to set exception.

In Windows SteadyState, you can try "Prevent Internet access" under User Settings - Feature Restrictions. Then, you can add links under Web Addresses Allowed.

Sean Zhu - MSFT
    Monday, June 21, 2010 2:56 AM
  • Hi Jesper Pedersen, how did you disable downloading? Did you disable them from Internet Explorer? If that is the case, I wonder if there is a way to set exception.

In Windows SteadyState, you can try "Prevent Internet access" under User Settings - Feature Restrictions. Then, you can add links under Web Addresses Allowed.

Sean Zhu - MSFT

Hello Sean.

Thank you for the advice. I disabled it in IE settings because if I disable it in SteadyState like you suggest (Prevent Internet Access), they cannot access any website at all. I realize that I can just add the websites they enter but I believe that it would be too much restriction... There is no way of making SteadyState allow certain websites to download and have it work with the IE settings I have made?

Friday, June 25, 2010 12:31 PM