Content Approval or Workflow or Drop Off Library or What? RRS feed

• Question

• I am new to Sharepoint 2010, but I have been using WSS 3 for a little under two years. Ill explain my setup, and then my requirements. What I need is a nudge in the right direction- Sharepoint 2010 has so many options I do not know where to start. I was thinking approval workflow, but now I am thinking Drop Off Library.

I have a Sharepoint root site, which contains operational forms. My users download these forms, and fill them out on their personal laptops or office computers. Once filled out, this is where the process needs to begin.

User A uploads filled out form to Sharepoint.

Manager B opens the form and proofs it. If no changes are made, the form needs to be filed into a specific user folder. It is also printed.

If the form needs to be corrected, the form needs to go back to User A and the process begins anew.

Each of the "Teams" in my company have their own subsite. Each subsite contains a document library called "Your Documents". Each "Your Document" library has one folder for each member of the team. They are permissioned so only the team member and their manager have access.

This is becoming a nightmare because the folder creation is manual for each new user as is the permissions.

My question is: what is the best way to sort this to make it the easiest on me and end users? A workflow beginning in each users folder and going from there? That seems like I would have to design 60 workflows.

Or a Drop Off Library for everyones work with automatic sorting, which launches into an approval workflow. Problem is my company is not ready to handle metadata at the end-user level, and document naming is based on the clients name. This means that client John Smith could have documents created by User A and also User B, which need to stay separate.

I know its sloppy, how can I refine this process and automate as much as possible? Having to create a new folder for each new employee sucks as well.

"Sadly most places want the Porche fastness and reliablity, but only pay for a used 74 pinto, then they are "Shocked" that it wont run, and blame the IT guy"
    Thursday, September 29, 2011 4:41 PM

Answers

• I decided to go with Content Approval now because it is easy to set up and work with.
    "Sadly most places want the Porche fastness and reliablity, but only pay for a used 74 pinto, then they are "Shocked" that it wont run, and blame the IT guy"
    Friday, September 30, 2011 5:32 PM