new WSUS server, how do i tell forefront RRS feed

• Question

• Without going into too much detail - i had to remove my old WSUS/system center Essential (2007) server from the domain.  I have since, reinstalled a new SCE2010 server.  How do i get my current forefront to know about the new server and start pushing the forefront clients out to domain members (that don't already have it).

thanks

Friday, June 25, 2010 12:58 PM

Answers

• Not familiar with Essentials, but if your policies are still in place for FCS, and you are redeploying WSUS on the new box, just set WSUS to download updates and definitions and create the auto-approval for the computer groups you would like them to go to. Remeber you can not auto-approve the FCS client itself because of the EULA, you will need to do a search in WSUS and manually approve it for the computer groups.

Hope this helps.

• Marked as answer by BJ_gunnery Monday, June 28, 2010 12:15 PM
    Saturday, June 26, 2010 12:41 AM

All replies

• Not familiar with Essentials, but if your policies are still in place for FCS, and you are redeploying WSUS on the new box, just set WSUS to download updates and definitions and create the auto-approval for the computer groups you would like them to go to. Remeber you can not auto-approve the FCS client itself because of the EULA, you will need to do a search in WSUS and manually approve it for the computer groups.

Hope this helps.

• Marked as answer by BJ_gunnery Monday, June 28, 2010 12:15 PM
    Saturday, June 26, 2010 12:41 AM
  • yes, manually approving the forefront stuff did the trick.

Thanks!

Monday, June 28, 2010 12:15 PM
  • windows Essentials 2008 is Windows Server 2008 Standard product technologies provide the core foundation of Windows Essential Business Server, you can troubleshoot WSUS as if on a normal Windows server, if you still have the old FCS policies and you will deploy a new WSUS on the new server, just configure WSUS to download FCS updates, definitions and configure WSUS auto-approval for FCS.

Mahdy
    Wednesday, July 7, 2010 10:56 AM