none
Enterprise Generic Work Resource 'without' Base Calendar RRS feed

• Question

• During our test migration from Project Server 2010 to Project Server 2013 we have discovered a curious issue with the data we have in our Project Server 2010 resource data. Several generic work resources show up in PWA with base calendar as 'Standard'. But if we try to change this to any other enterprise calendar the change does not take place. We can change any other field on the resource. Also when we look in the reporting database these resources have the value 'Undefined' in the ResourceBaseCalendar field of the MSP_EPMResource_UserView.

Anyone else seen anything similar to this?

Regards, Stig

Regards, Stig

Tuesday, November 12, 2013 3:25 PM

All replies

• In previous versions,  the resource calendar typically will show up as "None" when you view the resources calendar through the resource pool.  This meant that the resource would simply use the default 'standard' calendar so in your case I would assume 'undefined' in the data set sounds like it is referring to the default or 'standard' calendar.  The fact that you can change some other fields would rule out that the resource is checked out in some other session but that was my first inclination.  The only idea I could come up with is to look at the queue to see if a calendar is stuck in a checked out mode? Not sure if that is a solution but worth a look.  Stranger things have happened.  Good luck.

Tuesday, November 12, 2013 9:44 PM
  • I should have said to look in the Server Settings 'force check-in enterprise objects' to see if the enterprise calendar is checked out.  Sorry.

Tuesday, November 12, 2013 9:47 PM
  • Thanks for the answer, Joe. But I am afraid that the issue goes deeper than that. All normal check actions have been done on queue and checked-out objects. Since we have projects using these resources that now fail to publish I believe we will have to look at replacing these generic resources all together.

Thanks anyway, Stig

Regards, Stig

Wednesday, November 13, 2013 10:01 AM