Windows 8.1 BSOD DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe RRS feed

• Question

• Since no one answered my question: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/ace75370-9693-4f4f-8a6b-5ac617723792/windows-81-bsod-driverpowerstatefailure-caused-by-the-following-module-ntoskrnlexe?forum=MTCWin8

BSOD's are not frequent, but very random and annoying so I decided to ask here.

WhoCrashed analysis of latest BSOD:

On Fri 7/4/2014 1:37:30 AM GMT your computer crashed
    crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\070414-23406-01.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x153FA0) 
    Bugcheck code: 0x9F (0x3, 0xFFFFE0004569D060, 0xFFFFF8026B8E9A30, 0xFFFFE00046B2F420)
    Error:
     DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE
    file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
    description: NT Kernel & System
    Bug check description: This bug check indicates that the driver is in an inconsistent or invalid power state.
    This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem. 
    The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time. 

Minidump: http://1drv.ms/1mdzKxL

It has been days and no one answered.

Monday, July 7, 2014 7:18 AM

Answers

• I suggest go to PC manufactured site and find all updated driver

or to make sure you install the correct driver, contact them by phone or email to get the correct link

Monday, July 7, 2014 9:42 AM

All replies

• is there any changes before this issue happen? upgrade to Windows 8 or Windows 8.1?

I also find some of BSOD related to Bluetooth driver

try to go to your PC manufactured site and download all driver update.

Monday, July 7, 2014 8:16 AM
  • I have been using Windows 8.1 for a while now, and yes, I think this happened after I updated, but I'm not sure when. I update my drivers, but random BSODs still happen. I also disabled a Bluetooth driver before which had problems (yellow triangle with !), but I'm not sure that helped.

Anyway, another BSOD happened a while ago and I wasn't really doing anything special.

Monday, July 7, 2014 8:27 AM
  • I'm gonna try to update my drivers again, though. Just to be sure.
    Monday, July 7, 2014 8:28 AM
  • I suggest go to PC manufactured site and find all updated driver

or to make sure you install the correct driver, contact them by phone or email to get the correct link

Monday, July 7, 2014 9:42 AM