Unable to update Windows 10 version 1803 RRS feed

• Question

• I am unable to update Windows 10 version 1803 due to an Avira AntiVir that says it needs to be manually removed before I can update.  I have tried several different "supposed" solutions to get rid of this program with no avail.
    Tuesday, December 4, 2018 3:27 PM

All replies

• Hi bbcrazy.

The official procedure to uninstall Avira products is documented in the Avira Support web site at https://www.avira.com/en/support-for-home-knowledgebase-detail/kbid/88.
    You can also try a different way to update your Windows 10: download and execute the Windows Media Creation Tool from https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10; choose the option to create an installation support for another computer to download the Windows 10 ISO file, then use that file to create a Windows 10 installation support (USB or DVD).
    Use this support to reboot your computer and start the Windows 10 installation: when choosing the installation type, choose the option to upgrade the existing one.

Bye.

Luigi Bruno
    MCP, MOS, MTA, MCTS, MCSA, MCSE

Tuesday, December 4, 2018 4:29 PM
  • Hi,

Thanks for posting in Microsoft TechNet Forum.

If you have the latest Avira Antivirus build but "Windows Update 1803" continues to be prevented, it could be due to an older AntiVir installation file still stored on your hard disk.

First Search and delete old stored AntiVir or Avira installation files on your device.
    For example in your Download Folder.

If this Error continuous search also in the complete system drive (C:) for "avipbb.sys".
    Delete all found avipbb.sys files except the two files found in

C:\Windows\System32\drivers
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Avira\Antivirus (64bit operating system)
    C:\Program Files\Avira\Antivirus (32bit operating system)

After deletion, the Windows Update should run correctly.

Hope the above imformation will help you.

Best regards,

Hurry

Please remember to mark the reply as an answer if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

• Proposed as answer by hurry yang Tuesday, December 11, 2018 1:37 PM
    Tuesday, December 4, 2018 4:34 PM
  • Hi,

Is there anything else I can do to help you on this issue?

Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

Best regards,

Hurry

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Friday, December 7, 2018 1:44 PM
  • Hi,
    How things are going there on this issue?
    Please let me know if you would like further assistance.

Best regards,

Hurry

Sunday, December 9, 2018 1:08 PM