Your IMAP server wants to alert you to the following: cannot remove system folder RRS feed

• Question

• I have an employee that her computer keeps having a pop up that says: Your IMAP server wants to alert you to the following: cannot remove system folder.  I am not sure where to start in getting rid of this pop up.  Any help would be appreciated.
    Monday, August 14, 2017 9:56 PM

All replies

• Hi texasAg2017,

>> I have an employee that her computer keeps having a pop up that says: Your IMAP server wants to alert you to the following: cannot remove system folder.

Does this issue only occur to the particular user?
    What's the version of her Outlook?

If there are any calendar, contacts,or tasks in the this computer only folder, please try to refer to this article to backup these items to a .pst file. Then please try the following steps to check the result:

1. Go to File > Account Settings > Account Settings, click on the Data Files tab.
    2. Click on the IMAP email address in the list, Click on Open File Location:

3. Close Outlook. Delete the .ost file for the problematic account (should be highlighted in the Explorer windows) and restart Outlook to let it automatically the .ost data file. 

Hope this can be helpful.

Best regards,
    Yuki Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, August 15, 2017 3:09 AM