Page viewer webpart - no display RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to do everything, I am not able to display the contents of a file or a folder..I am able to view a webpage but not anything else. Plaese help

Also I am confused as to how to provide the file path and folder path.

what should I give if my files are in the document folder and the path is  given below?

C:\Users\myname\Documents

• Edited by info_js Wednesday, August 8, 2012 7:47 PM
    Wednesday, August 8, 2012 7:44 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Is there any specific error you are getting ?, if yes please mention it here.

If you wish to display files / folders from client machine?

If yes, make sure the location is shared and everyone have at least READ permission.

Please refer - http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-sharepoint-services-help/page-viewer-web-part-HA010024045.aspx a very good MS article on Page Viewer Web Part.

Let us know if this helps

Warm Regards, Pratik Vyas | SharePoint Consultant | http://sharepointpratik.blogspot.com/ | Posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights

Wednesday, August 8, 2012 9:49 PM
  • Hi,

Page viewer webparts are used to display contents from pages only. 

If you want to display the same from any other files then upload them into sharepoint document libraries and used content editor webpart with embed tag to display them.

Thanks, Rahul Rashu

Thursday, August 9, 2012 3:20 AM
  • Hi,

Use the following format

\\machinename\Folder\Files

Make sure the folder is shared to the intended audience

-Kranthi

Thursday, August 16, 2012 7:29 AM
  • Hi!

Absolutely I agree with Rahul, Page Viewer WebParts are used to display the content of Pages.

There can be various possible ways to display the contents of a file on Page Viewer WebPart.

One way is to develop a custom Application page which reads the file and sends back the response in customized format.

This customized format can be displayed on the Page Viewer WebPart.

Regards,

Srikrishna Regula

Friday, August 17, 2012 4:31 AM
  • Hi Rahul,

How to embed a file(say a word file) and display it in Content editor web part? Can you pls elaborate?

Thursday, October 11, 2012 6:29 PM