none
Unable to resume Passive copy of exchange database 2010

Question

• I have 2 MBX server. I restarted it today. Have 8 mailbox. I usually keep 4 DB mounted at one server. After restarting 1 MBX is ok while at other 4 DB are mounted while passive copy is "Failed and suspended". below is error while resume. assist please ugent

WARNING: A server-side administrative operation has failed. The database copy was partially resumed. A problem wasencountered mounting the content indexing catalog: The seeding operation encountered an error while trying to contactthe search service. Error: Microsoft Exchange Search Service may not be running on server CFLMUMMBX01. Specific RPCerror message: Error 0x6d9 (There are no more endpoints available from the endpoint mapper) from cli_Mount [Database:MBXDatabase05, Server: CFLMUMMBX01.kiac.in]

Arif

Monday, May 21, 2018 2:35 PM

Answers

• Well I just fixed the problem. On Passive server where problematic DBs were located, had Disk drive offline mode. I verified and found that after reboot, DB drives were in offline mode, so just brought them up and now everything is fine. Thanks all for your support.

Arif

• Marked as answer by azahri miya Friday, May 25, 2018 6:23 AM
    Friday, May 25, 2018 6:23 AM

All replies

• If you do Get-MailboxDatabaseCopyStatus <copy name> | fl, what is the error?
    Monday, May 21, 2018 8:44 PM
  • Hi,

Based on the error message, generally, we should reset the database search index.

Here is a step-by-step document:

Rebuilding Content Indexes for Exchange Databases

Note: Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. The sites are not controlled by Microsoft. Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. Please make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any suggestions from the above link.

Regards,

Manu Meng

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Tuesday, May 22, 2018 6:43 AM
  • Well I just fixed the problem. On Passive server where problematic DBs were located, had Disk drive offline mode. I verified and found that after reboot, DB drives were in offline mode, so just brought them up and now everything is fine. Thanks all for your support.

Arif

• Marked as answer by azahri miya Friday, May 25, 2018 6:23 AM
    Friday, May 25, 2018 6:23 AM
  • Thanks for your sharing!

Have a nice day.

Regards,

Manu Meng

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Friday, May 25, 2018 9:03 AM