none
Exchange 365 reports

Question

• Hello,

Does anyone know if there is a way to find out the emails read/viewed using powershell/OWA/Outlook from an office365 mailbox.

Thank You

JK

Monday, June 4, 2018 12:22 AM

All replies

• Have you checked the Office 365 usage reports under the O365 admin portal -> Reports -> Usage -> Email activity? Or directly via: https://portal.office.com/adminportal/home#/reportsUsage/EmailActivity
    Monday, June 4, 2018 5:29 PM
  • I believe you would need to write a script that opens all folders (or just the Inbox if that's satisfactory for your purposes), iterates through all the items, and examines the read/unread flag using Exchange Web Services.  It's a fairly complex thing to do and you'll need some kind of database to record the counts because you will need to know the differences from the last time the script was run.  I don't know of anything off the shelf, but you might start searching the Internet for samples.  MVP Glen Scales posts a lot of EWS examples, but I doubt he has something that does exactly what you want.

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
    Celebrating 20 years of providing Exchange peer support!

Monday, June 4, 2018 8:37 PM
  • Hi JK,

I'm just writing to check how's everything going? If you have any questions or needed further help on this issue, please feel free to post back. If the issue has been resolved, please mark the helpful replies as answers, this will make answer searching in the forum easier and be beneficial to other community members as well. Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,
    Niko Cheng

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Thursday, June 14, 2018 2:42 AM