FTP 7 Problem RRS feed

• Question

• The Setup: I'm running IIS7 on Windows 2008 Enterprise R2 Server. The FTP service has been enabled on this server. Windows Firewall is turned off.

The Problem: I could make ftp connections to this server while it was on the LAN and it worked fine. The IP address has since been changed to a public IP, placed in a DMZ on our corporate network (behind a Firewall with ports 20 & 21 open). I can resolve the name of the server on the Internet but cannot connect to the ftp server. I get the following error:

"Connected to 192.94.x.x.
    Connection closed by remote host"

Should I be doing something else on the FTP server to allow access?

thanks in advance.

pajoryan123
    Wednesday, June 9, 2010 12:38 PM

Answers

• Thanks but I had already tried that.

The issue was related to the "bindings" on the FTP site. It was still bound to the LAN IP address when the server was first on the LAN. After re IP'ing the server for teh DMZ the bindings never changed to reflect the public IP. I simply edited the binding and changed it to the Public IP and it worked fine.

Thanks all.

pajoryan123
    • Marked as answer by pajoryan123 Thursday, June 10, 2010 7:29 AM
    Thursday, June 10, 2010 7:29 AM

All replies

• Wednesday, June 9, 2010 11:23 PM
  • Thanks but I had already tried that.

The issue was related to the "bindings" on the FTP site. It was still bound to the LAN IP address when the server was first on the LAN. After re IP'ing the server for teh DMZ the bindings never changed to reflect the public IP. I simply edited the binding and changed it to the Public IP and it worked fine.

Thanks all.

pajoryan123
    • Marked as answer by pajoryan123 Thursday, June 10, 2010 7:29 AM
    Thursday, June 10, 2010 7:29 AM
  • Hi,

FYI.

On July 1st  we will be making Windows Server 2008 R2 Web Technologies forum read only. After receiving a lot of feedback from the community, it was decided that this forum is a duplication and therefore redundant of the Official Microsoft IIS Forums. So, until July 1st, we will start asking customers to redirect their questions to the Official Microsoft IIS Forums Forum.

Please post a reply to the announcement thread if you have any feedback on this decision or the process. You can also email WSSDComm@microsoft.com.

Regards,

Wilson Jia

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Tuesday, June 29, 2010 5:49 AM