none
How can I see keyboard layout for another language? RRS feed

• Question

• I have English and Spanish languages installed on my computer (running Windows 7 in the United States), and I need to see the keyboard layout for the Spanish version (Latin American). When I click on the icon on the taskbar nothing happens.

If I am typing in Spanish and need to use an inverted ? for example (used at the beginning of a sentence when asking a question), I do not know where to look for it on my keyboard.

Where can I see the layout? I have searched on Microsoft, Windows, HP and other sites and I cannot find this info anywhere. Hope someone can please help. I need it yesterday.

Wednesday, January 2, 2013 10:48 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Right click language bar, click settings.

Text Services and Input Languages windows opens, under the Spanish language, expand “Keyboard” and choose the Latin American.  Then, click “Properties…” button to open the Keyboard Layout Preview.

More information, please see: Enable keyboard layouts for different languages

Tracy Cai

TechNet Community Support

Thursday, January 3, 2013 6:00 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Right click language bar, click settings.

Text Services and Input Languages windows opens, under the Spanish language, expand “Keyboard” and choose the Latin American.  Then, click “Properties…” button to open the Keyboard Layout Preview.

More information, please see: Enable keyboard layouts for different languages

Tracy Cai

TechNet Community Support

Thursday, January 3, 2013 6:00 AM
  • Thanks, that worked...it doesn't show the uppercase though but it is still better than the trial-and-error method I've been using! With time I should be able to memorize it.
    Thursday, January 3, 2013 9:17 PM