Can access WSUS and can't uninstall role RRS feed

• Question

• We have a Windows 2008R2 server that a few people in the company use for RDP to run an archaic program, but the problem is that many updates cannot be installed or the application breaks. I installed WSUS on this server last week and finished the configuration, and was testing on a single machine. I thought everything looked good. I didn't configure either of our servers within WSUS, but somehow the server was reconfigured to automatically install updates - several people touch the server, so I'm not sure who the culprit is. I was told about updates installing after the fact, but the updates were unintalled (and I don't know what else was affected), and the vendor did something to fix the application. Now, I cannot access WSUS, because server spits out error 7053 and warnings 7032 and 7042. The Update Services service also stops. I decided to uninstall and leave the database and downloads in place, but I get error code 0x80070643. I tried to also uninstall the database, but still receive the same error code. I read a post stating to remove the internal database using msiexec /x {BDD79957-5801-4A2D-B09E-852E7FA64D01} callerid=ocsetup.exe", reboot the server, and then try to uninstall WSUS.

My question is, is there a good chance I'll encounter problems with the server or other roles and services if I remove the internal database?

Thanks

Wednesday, September 16, 2015 10:49 PM

Answers

• Hi,

>>My question is, is there a good chance I'll encounter problems with the server or other roles and services if I remove the internal database?

Please make sure that there isn't any service using the WID.

Besides, if you uninstall the WID by using server manager, it will check the dependance and show you the list of the roles and services which are using the WID.

Best Regards.

Steven Lee Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, September 21, 2015 6:43 AM