Windows Update in Vista Beta 2 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Everyone ,

I recentlly installed 2 Vista's in my Domain

I have WUS server configured, bit one of the vista's just doesnt get any updates,

its gives me "Windows can't check for updates" and "WindowsUpdate_8007000D WindowsUpdate_dt000" error msg .

The Thing is that I cant really find anything about this error,

thanks .

Sunday, July 2, 2006 7:22 AM

Answers

• No more Windows Update for CCP Builds of Windows Vista (Beta 2, RC1 "5728" and RC2) for the release of Windows Vista RTM.

Good luck

Monday, December 18, 2006 5:39 PM

All replies

• I have this problem too.
    Sunday, December 17, 2006 10:05 AM
  • No more Windows Update for CCP Builds of Windows Vista (Beta 2, RC1 "5728" and RC2) for the release of Windows Vista RTM.

Good luck

Monday, December 18, 2006 5:39 PM
  • I am running Vista Business RTM and I am receiving the same error.  I am also running WUS server.  Any help would be apperciated

Friday, December 22, 2006 5:32 PM
  • sir
    Tuesday, December 26, 2006 8:05 AM
  • there is an answer :

Hi Guys,

I spent some time researching the problem today

in order to understand the solution here is alittle explenation about the problem:

Windows Update doesnt work on VISTA Beta 2 machiens after joining to a domin.

the thing is that if you have WUS or SUS in your environment the group policy by the domain send the stations the WUS or SUS server for updates and fixes it, thats why when I pulled it out from the domain it worked fine

so the thing is that you need to make a REG key that look like this : (past this to notepad and save it as .reg)

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[-HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Group Policy Objects\LocalUser\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\WindowsUpdate\DisableWindowsUpdateAccess]  

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer]
    "NoWindowsUpdate"=dword:00000000

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate\AU]
    "NoAutoUpdate"=dword:00000000
    "AUOptions"=dword:00000000

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate]
    [-HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\WindowsUpdate]

[-HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer]
    "NoDevMgrUpdate"=dword:00000000

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main]
    "NoUpdateCheck"=dword:00000000

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\WindowsUpdate]
    "DisableWindowsUpdateAccess"=dword:00000000

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer]

after saving it , double-click should active it , Restart to Windows Update Service and its done

now this key will get back your Vista station to work with local policy, witch connect to the internet for updates.

no messing around with Organizational WUS or SUS ..

Have a Good Week,

Ido Goldberg

Senior Windows System Administator,

Symantec Corp.

Tuesday, December 26, 2006 8:21 AM
  • i´m already running the RTM too, and also have de same problem.

any idea??

thanks

Thursday, January 4, 2007 4:20 PM
  • Thanks Ido!

Works like a charm.

Blaine7

Wednesday, March 14, 2007 6:10 AM
  •  Ido Goldberg wrote:

Hi Everyone ,

I recentlly installed 2 Vista's in my Domain

I have WUS server configured, bit one of the vista's just doesnt get any updates,

its gives me "Windows can't check for updates" and "WindowsUpdate_8007000B WindowsUpdate_dt000" error msg .

The Thing is that I cant really find anything about this error,

thanks .

Wednesday, August 8, 2007 11:25 PM
  •  

how do i fix the error?
    Saturday, October 27, 2007 5:02 AM
  • hi

thanks for the post but i just dont get it, i have no idea what WUS or SUS are. my updates failed with a WindowsUpdate_8007000B error and i saved the above tuff to notepad but i dont know how to activate it...

dont know if the updates ive missed are important but there are 10 so probably. HELP!!!

Akodrake

Sunday, March 16, 2008 2:04 PM