Can't open a database created with Access 97 on vista pc RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there,

Our application created in VB6 uses Access 97 MDBs as it has to store data on  the user's pc.  We use MS DAO 3.51 object library(DAO350.dll) and Jet Engine (msjet35.dll).  (We copy these DLLs as part of our application Installation program)

But, when I ran the application on Vista PC (32 bit version ) , getting the following error.:

Error 3041: Can't open a database created with the previous version of the application.

Did lot of search  to find  nothing about to resolve this error on Vista Pc. 

Note: The following link says, DAO350.dll is Tested on Vista but not shipping with OS.  (And also VB6 Runtime supported on Vista)

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/vbasic/ms788708.aspx

However, we can copy/register it on the user's pc. What it  means by saying Tested on Vista.(Was it success or failure? To me, it fails.) Am I missing something to make it work.?

Any idea on how to eradicate this error and make our application compatibile with Vista. 

We have about 100 VB Projects  which use DAO 3.51 Library to get/update from Access 97 MDBs.  Please help me to resolve this problem ASAP.

Thanks in advance.

Tuesday, April 17, 2007 9:10 PM

All replies

• Figured it out. 

Actually, another DLL called MSRD2X35.DLL was missing .

Copied and registered the same and then it worked just FINE.

Thanks anyway.

Good luck on Vista ....

Thursday, April 19, 2007 7:38 PM