DVD/RW problem RRS feed

• Question

• I had to reinstall my Toshiba Manufacturer Software from master discs.  Everything is working great except for my DVD/RW drive (D drive).  It tells me that my MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ 850S ATA Device is not connected.  I've tried updating and scanning for hardware changes and it says everything is ok.  I believe it's not connected.  Does anyone know how to connect this DVD/CD drive to my Windows Vista.  My computer is a Toshiba/Satellite laptop.  If I need a new driver, where the heck do I find it!!!
    Thursday, November 18, 2010 5:01 PM

Answers

• First, you can find the drivers for your Toshiba laptop at here. Usually, most Manufacturer posts the Firmware upgrade, not the drivers unless Windows does not support the CD/DVD Rom without by default.

Second, is the DVD/CD Drive showing at your "My Computer" Window?

Check your Device Manager and make sure you have your DVD/CD driver properly working without any ? or ! mark on it.

Sunday, November 21, 2010 5:31 AM

All replies

• First, you can find the drivers for your Toshiba laptop at here. Usually, most Manufacturer posts the Firmware upgrade, not the drivers unless Windows does not support the CD/DVD Rom without by default.

Second, is the DVD/CD Drive showing at your "My Computer" Window?

Check your Device Manager and make sure you have your DVD/CD driver properly working without any ? or ! mark on it.

Sunday, November 21, 2010 5:31 AM
  • yOU MAY ALSO TRY THIS LINK: "http://support.microsoft.com/fixit/default.aspx ". Look under the windows listing in the left side pane,  there are cd/dvd troubleshooters there.

"While there is NO SUCH THING as a WRONG QUESTION, the EASIEST THING TO GET in the world is a WRONG ANSWER!" 15 years of hands-on-how-to; I "DO" WINDOWS !!!
    Saturday, November 27, 2010 8:39 AM