none
Display Template Will Not Publish

Question

• We're upgrading to SharePoint 2016.  Our 2013 site has a customized display for the Search Results.  This was customized by editing the “Item_CommonItem_Body.html”  display template located in the Master Page Gallary-> Display Templates -> Search directory and then publishing it.

I've done the same thing on the new SharePoint 2016 server.  However, when I view the search results the changes are not there.  The changes appear in in the Master Page gallery, but when I go to the Design Manager and download a copy the changes are not there.  I tried checking it out from the Design Manager:Edit Display Templates pages as well and then publishing a Major version without success.

Does anyone know what I’m doing wrong by chance or if this needs to be done differently in 2016?

Thanks

Friday, February 17, 2017 7:03 PM

All replies

• Hi Jamezn,

I added a <div> in the “Item_CommonItem_Body.html” in my SharePoint Server 2016, however the <div> showed correctly in the search results page. And the changes appear in Design Manager also.

Could you please let me know what customizations you have done on the “Item_CommonItem_Body.html” so that I could test in my environment?

You can just test by adding a <div> in your “Item_CommonItem_Body.html” to see what happens.

Best Regards,

Victoria

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Wednesday, February 22, 2017 5:23 AM