"Error: Failure in loading assembly: Microsoft.Web.Preview" RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have a Sharepoint Server 2007 farm composed by 8 FrontEnds with several web applications and sites.

One of the web applications was extended to an authoring site and a public one. Everything's working fine for years.

Recently while analyzing Event Viewer for one of the FEs I came acoss this error: "Error: Failure in loading assembly: Microsoft.Web.Preview, Version=1.3.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35". I've looked further and found 6 ou 7 consecutive errors repeting randomly for several months.

That dll resides in the site folder, inside inetpub.

This only occurs in one of the FEs and just for the authoring site. I've compared the versions of all the dlls on the different FEs and the permissions. All are the same.

I'm not sure if this is having any impact in the use experience as no one complained yet, but I'd really like to understand and solve this.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

GAR

• Edited by Mike Walsh FIN Tuesday, July 26, 2011 12:57 PM Quotes put around the Error message
    • Moved by Mike Walsh FIN Tuesday, July 26, 2011 12:58 PM admin q not general (From:SharePoint - General Question and Answers and Discussion (pre-SharePoint 2010))
    Tuesday, July 26, 2011 12:22 PM

All replies

• HI,

AS you have specified that you have deployed it to the BIN folder what is the trust level?

This issue seems to be related to web.config file.

Can you check if the web.config of this authoring site is in sync with the authoring site of other WFE?

You can use beyond compare for the same http://www.scootersoftware.com/download.php.

Bring the config file in sync and then do one IIS reset and then check if it works for you or not.

I hope this will help you out.

Thanks,

Rahul Rashu

Wednesday, July 27, 2011 2:28 AM
  • Hi,

Thanks for your answer.

The trust level is "WSS_Custom" and is the same for all FEs.

"<trust level="WSS_Custom" originUrl="" />"

"<trustLevel name="WSS_Custom" policyFile="C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\12\config\wss_custom_wss_minimaltrust.config" />"

I've compared two of the web.configs and they're identical. I've also replaced the DLL in the problematic FE with one from a good FE to no success.

What am I missing?

Thanks,

GAR

Wednesday, July 27, 2011 10:02 AM