Word crash with sharepoint document and copy-pasting from other sharepoint documents. RRS feed

• Question

• When i open a sharepoint document to copy something to pasting that into another sharepoint document Word crashes completely.

i have tried different kinds of documents and it all seams to give the same result that word crash completely. 

This issue seams only to be on Windows 10 computers. if i log the same user into a windows 7 PC no issue.

i got once an error message saying something with 

"a full storage could not be completed because of an error in access to the file C:\Users\stj\AppData\....1923C757.doc"

I'm running Windows 10 Pro 1607 (Danish) Office 365 (Danish) Version 16.0.7341.2035

Thank You

Tuesday, September 27, 2016 12:54 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Based on your description, this problem only appear in Windows 10.

First I suggest you try to disable Preview Pane in File Explorer, sometime this might be the reason of Word crash.

You can Open File Explorer- click View tab on the top- Panes- Click Preview Pane to enable or disable it.

Then you can try to repair Office in Windows 10:

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Repair-an-Office-application-7821d4b6-7c1d-4205-aa0e-a6b40c5bb88b

Any updates please let me know and I'm glad to help you.

Regards,
    Emi Zhang
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, September 28, 2016 8:45 AM
  • Hi Emi Zhang,

Thanks for your reply, i have already disable Preview Pane in windows 10. and i have also done several repairs of office 2016 and even tried with a fresh machine with windows 10 and Office 2016.

I do not get the issue if i open a document from sharepoint and copy some text and paste it into a local notepad and copy the text from the notepad into another sharepoint document.

Only when i copy from a sharepoint to a sharepoint document.

Thanks

Thomas

Wednesday, September 28, 2016 12:38 PM