Online Archive in Outlook 2013 Client Not Working RRS feed

• Question

• We are using online archives in exchange 2013 for several users.  For some user, the online archive is not showing up in their outlook 2013 client. It does show up in OWA .

All Clint have the same outlook and same licensed.

Thank in Advance.

Tuesday, October 17, 2017 8:20 AM

Answers

• Hi Yasser,

I have received your email and checked about it. It is strange that your Outlook 2013 with Office Standard 2013 support the Online Archive feature.

Double-confirm with the Online Archive feature in Outlook, the Office Standard 2013 version of Outlook 2013 doesn't support the Online Archive feature as Official article documented.

If you want to use the Online Archive mailbox for other users, please install a supported Outlook version such as volume license of Office Professional 2013 or Office Professional 2016. Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,
    Winnie Liang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, October 19, 2017 8:10 AM

All replies

• Hi Yasser,

In Outlook 2013, go to File > Account Settings > Account Settings, double-click this Exchange account in E-mail tab, uncheck "Use Cached Exchange mode" and save setting, restart Outlook to use Online mode. Check if the Online Archive mailbox is displayed in folder panel.

If there is no issue in Online mode, I suggest we can create a new Outlook profile for the Exchange accounts to fix it:

Go to Control Panel > Mail > Show Profiles > Add, then setup this problematic account in new profile. Set "When starting Microsoft Outlook, use this profile: Prompt for a profile to be used". Use this new profile and confirm if the issue can be fixed.

Best Regards,
    Winnie Liang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, October 18, 2017 3:10 AM
  • I did all the steps but Does not displayed.
    Wednesday, October 18, 2017 10:00 AM
  • I did all the steps but Does not displayed.

Do you mean the Online Achieve mailbox is also unable to display in Online mode?

Wednesday, October 18, 2017 10:02 AM
  • Yes , it is not show up.
    Wednesday, October 18, 2017 10:45 AM
  • Yes , it is not show up.

Hi Yasser,

If the Online Archive mailbox is not displayed in Online mode, I would like to check your detailed Outlook version or Office version.

Could you please share the details when clicking File > Office Account > Product Information? For example:

We can help to check if your Outlook 2013 is included in Volume Licensed Office Professional Plus 2013 or Retailed version click-to-run version Office 2013 or other versions. The Exchange Archive feature requires different license for Outlook client:
    https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Outlook-license-requirements-for-Exchange-features-46b6b7c5-c3ca-43e5-8424-1e2807917c99?CorrelationId=185cf2ce-9cd7-43bc-877e-0094d1200f1f&ui=en-US&rs=en-NZ&ad=NZ

Best Regards,
    Winnie Liang

Thursday, October 19, 2017 2:47 AM
  • Hi Winnie 

Outlook version : Microsoft office standard 2013

the majority of the user have the same version and they have online archive.

Thursday, October 19, 2017 5:39 AM
  • Hi Winnie 

Outlook version : Microsoft office standard 2013

the majority of the user have the same version and they have online archive.

Hi Yasser,

If Outlook 2013 is included with Office Standard 2013 license, the Online Archive feature is not supported in Outlook client as listed in the article below:
    Outlook license requirements for Exchange features 

Would you mind to provide some screenshots about Product Information and Archive mailbox for the working users? If you cannot upload pictures here, you can upload pictures to OneDrive and share the links here for accessing.

Best Regards,
    Winnie Liang

Thursday, October 19, 2017 5:49 AM
  • Hi Winnie

i cannot upload pictures or share the link here.

can i send u the link to your email ?

Thursday, October 19, 2017 7:03 AM
  • Hi Winnie

i cannot upload pictures or share the link here.

can i send u the link to your email ?

Hi,

You can share the screenshot to us via via GBSD TN Office Information Collection ibsofc@microsoft.com. Please involve the thread URL in the email message for easy follow-up.

Best Regards,
    Winnie Liang

Thursday, October 19, 2017 7:17 AM
  • Hi Yasser,

I have received your email and checked about it. It is strange that your Outlook 2013 with Office Standard 2013 support the Online Archive feature.

Double-confirm with the Online Archive feature in Outlook, the Office Standard 2013 version of Outlook 2013 doesn't support the Online Archive feature as Official article documented.

If you want to use the Online Archive mailbox for other users, please install a supported Outlook version such as volume license of Office Professional 2013 or Office Professional 2016. Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,
    Winnie Liang

Thursday, October 19, 2017 8:10 AM
  • Hi Yasser,

Do you have any further question on this thread?

If there is no issue, would you mind to mark the helpful reply as answer to close the thread? If any further help is needed, feel free to post back for more discussion.

Best Regards,
    Winnie Liang

Monday, October 23, 2017 10:47 AM