Getting total machine deployed from MDT 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• is there any method or task which can be used to find the total machine deployed from MDT 2010 server?

Can this be achieved from installing SQL and integrating with MDT?

Friday, June 29, 2012 6:33 AM

Answers

• OK, I got ya. If that's the case, upgrade to MDT 2012 and enable the monitoring feature.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

• Marked as answer by iam_srk Wednesday, July 4, 2012 10:21 AM
    Friday, June 29, 2012 12:16 PM
  • Edit your customsettings with the setting below, which I've provided as an example.

SLShare=\\FS-01\SLShare$\TestEnv\%ComputerName%
    (I have multiple mdt shares, one of them is named testenv, hence I have subfolders in my shares)

Make sure that the account has write permissions on the actual share for this to work.

Kind regards,

Stephan Schwarz

If one of these posts answered your question or issue, please click on "Mark as answer".

My Blog | Twitter: @Schwarz_Stephan | MCTS, MCITP, MCSA, MCC.
    How to configure Windows RE/OEM Recovery Partition with MDT

• Marked as answer by iam_srk Thursday, July 19, 2012 2:45 PM
    Wednesday, July 4, 2012 10:53 AM

All replies

• Can you rephrase the question? Not sure what you mean by find the total machine deployed.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

Friday, June 29, 2012 11:57 AM
  • It sounds like he wants to know if there is a way to return a value to report the number of successful deployments.  
    Friday, June 29, 2012 12:02 PM
  • OK, I got ya. If that's the case, upgrade to MDT 2012 and enable the monitoring feature.

• Marked as answer by iam_srk Wednesday, July 4, 2012 10:21 AM
    Friday, June 29, 2012 12:16 PM
  • Shishir,

Maybe you can use the "SLShare" propertie in the CS.ini to move the logs to a server once complete?
    SLShare = "The network shared folder in which the deployment logs are stored at the end of the deployment process."

-BrianG (http://supportishere.com)

Saturday, June 30, 2012 4:23 AM
  • Brain,

Can you please explain where this file is created and what parameters need to be changed to do the above?

I have installed MDT 2010.

Wednesday, July 4, 2012 10:28 AM
  • Edit your customsettings with the setting below, which I've provided as an example.

SLShare=\\FS-01\SLShare$\TestEnv\%ComputerName%
    (I have multiple mdt shares, one of them is named testenv, hence I have subfolders in my shares)

Make sure that the account has write permissions on the actual share for this to work.

Kind regards,

Stephan Schwarz

If one of these posts answered your question or issue, please click on "Mark as answer".

My Blog | Twitter: @Schwarz_Stephan | MCTS, MCITP, MCSA, MCC.
    How to configure Windows RE/OEM Recovery Partition with MDT

• Marked as answer by iam_srk Thursday, July 19, 2012 2:45 PM
    Wednesday, July 4, 2012 10:53 AM