none
how to dual boot windows 10 and ubuntu RRS feed

• Question

• how to dual boot windows 10 and ubuntu 15.04 easily i have had issues with the partitions anybody got any ideas
    Thursday, June 11, 2015 11:19 AM

Answers

• Hi pc helper 123456789,

I found a blog discussing about tip for dual-booting Windows 10 preview and Linux on a PC with UEFI firmware. It may be useful.
    Tip for dual-booting Windows 10 preview and Linux on a PC with UEFI firmware
    http://www.linuxbsdos.com/2015/01/18/tip-for-dual-booting-windows-10-preview-and-linux-on-a-pc-with-uefi-firmware/

As ZigZag indicated, we also could try to run the ubuntu in the Hyper-V if we want to use the two systems in a machine.

NOTE: This response contains a reference to a third party World Wide Web site. Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. Microsoft does not control these sites and has not tested any software or information found on these sites.

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, June 12, 2015 3:07 AM
  • Ubuntu can be run from within win 10 either in a window or in a Hyper-v virtual machine.  Unsure why you want to dual boot.  Care to tell us more?

Wanikiya and Dyami--Team Zigzag

Thursday, June 11, 2015 11:23 AM

All replies

• Ubuntu can be run from within win 10 either in a window or in a Hyper-v virtual machine.  Unsure why you want to dual boot.  Care to tell us more?

Wanikiya and Dyami--Team Zigzag

Thursday, June 11, 2015 11:23 AM
  • Hi pc helper 123456789,

I found a blog discussing about tip for dual-booting Windows 10 preview and Linux on a PC with UEFI firmware. It may be useful.
    Tip for dual-booting Windows 10 preview and Linux on a PC with UEFI firmware
    http://www.linuxbsdos.com/2015/01/18/tip-for-dual-booting-windows-10-preview-and-linux-on-a-pc-with-uefi-firmware/

As ZigZag indicated, we also could try to run the ubuntu in the Hyper-V if we want to use the two systems in a machine.

NOTE: This response contains a reference to a third party World Wide Web site. Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. Microsoft does not control these sites and has not tested any software or information found on these sites.

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, June 12, 2015 3:07 AM
  • I have OpenSUSE and Win7 dual-booting using GRUB. I've tried all the automatic methods and all the way down to the partition-er in Win10 setup. Theory is only update the OS partition. But to answer your question, why? I develop Android ROMs/MODs with the use of JDK & Android Kitchen and find it easier and faster to develop in Android's native tongue.
    Tuesday, November 3, 2015 8:00 PM