Missing Partition RRS feed

• Question

• I am using an Acer laptop running Windows 7 Home Premium with a single 320Gb disc which has be partitioned into 2 equally sized 'drives'. The 'C' drive holds the OS and the 'D' drive holds data, up until 2 days ago everything worked fine bur for some reason the 'D' drive has now disappeared. The drive is shown in disc management as a Health OEM partition but is shown as having no data, right clicking on the partition doed not display the usual change drive letter, format etc menu only a help option, when I check the drive using  Easeus Partitition Master Pro the drive is displayed and I can see all of the data it contains but when I assign a drive letter it is not retained and is still not visible to the OS.

I have rebuilt the BCD and MBR using Bootrec.exe on the Windows 7 recovery console without success and would be very gratful for any other ideas for what I might try to get the drive back

Regards

Peter McAleavey

Sunday, August 8, 2010 1:59 PM

Answers

• Hi,

I recommend you to use some third party Data Recovery software to restore the partition back. If you have important data on D: drive, you’ d better contact Data Recovery company for help.

Best Regards

Dale

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    • Marked as answer by Dale Qiao Friday, August 13, 2010 9:17 AM
    Tuesday, August 10, 2010 2:17 AM