none
Outlook/Skype Conversation History

Question

• Hi,

I am having an issue with outlook conversation history. This is not getting updated on one users computer. When I look at Lync I see one missed call, but none of the other calls that went through show up. When I look at outlook conversation history I see none of the calls for the past 2 weeks. The calls that show up in the inbox seem to be fine. How do I reestablish the conversation history in outlook? 

Monday, April 3, 2017 6:43 PM

All replies

• Hi,

From the description, you mean the missed calls show up when checking Lync/Skype but do not show up in Outlook Conversation History folder, am I correct?

If this is the case, I'm afraid this is the expected behavior. Missed calls will be emailed to your Inbox via emails, they will not be saved to the Conversation History folder in Outlook.

Regards,

Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, April 4, 2017 7:10 AM
  • This applies to outgoing and incoming calls that were answered. It only seems to be a single user, and it happens on different machines. I'm at a loss.
    Tuesday, April 4, 2017 4:33 PM
  • Thank you for the update.

>>It only seems to be a single user, and it happens on different machines.

Is it possible to confirm whether this happens to multiple users or just a certain one? Because as I mentioned above, the default behavior is that missed calls are emailed to your Inbox via emails, they are not saved to the Conversation History folder in Outlook. I haven't found any option available to change this behavior.

Regards,

Steve Fan

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, April 10, 2017 11:46 AM
  • I can confirm that it is a single user. I'm not talking about missed calls, they are calls that were answered by the user. Both outgoing and incoming.

Tuesday, April 11, 2017 3:23 PM
  • Apologize for the misunderstanding.

I'd recommend you run the monitoring report from sfb server side and make sure these calls exists in SQL server database for the user. For your convenience:

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg558662.aspx

Since this issue happens for one user on multiple computers, it's more likely that the issue lies with the user's sfb account. In this case, there is no much thing we can do from Outlook client side, I'd recommend you post a new question to the Skype for Business forum to get further assistance:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/lync/en-US/home?forum=sfbfr

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us. Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

Steve Fan

Monday, April 17, 2017 9:28 AM