none
AppV 5.1 Hotfix Package 2 -- Another Appv 5 FAIL RRS feed

• Question

• Just to note for anyone who tries this Hotfix.

I updated my servers from AppV 5.1 to AppV 5.1 HF2

Clients

- Win7 and Win2008r2 clients with both AppV4.6 sp3 and AppV 5.1 installed

- Win10 with just AppV 5.1 installed

The Win10 clients worked fine. The Win 7 clients were no longer able to sync with the appv5 servers. Uninstalled HF2, rebooted, and it immediately started working again so I think its safe to say its the hotfix that's the problem.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Wednesday, March 9, 2016 7:08 PM

All replies

• I'm running the HF2 on a dozen Win7 Testclients right now, without any issues so far. Just saying.

Simon Dettling | msitproblog.com | @SimonDettling

Thursday, March 10, 2016 6:33 AM
  • Heres the skinny...

Installed HF2 (not 1)

I would login to Citrix and get a roaming profile. My AppV5 apps were not refreshing. I’d have ghosted icons out the wazoo and sometimes they would come in sometimes they wouldn’t. Running the GUI update would boggle back and forth for a LONG time and seem to do nothing.

I went to the server and using Powershell I would get timeout issues when trying to SYNC and it would show no apps.

I removed HF2 and the Powershell sync command was able to sync again but took a fair bit of time. It failed once in a while but not usually

I installed HF1 and the Powershell sync ran fairly quickly. So I installed HF2. No change on the client or server, Powershell still Sync’ed quickly but I still had the ghosted icons on the client (which we had before HF2 also, it seems APPV5 isnt as good at cleaning up as APPV4 was). Also if you delete the icon the update wont bring it back.

I installed HF1 and 2 on a client. Did an update on the client using the GUI and whallaaaa my ghosted icons came back to life.

All seems to be working now so it could have been not installing HF1 first...

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Thursday, March 10, 2016 6:05 PM