Can't Sign-in to Lync RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there,

I can't sign-in to Lync with a specific user, after some TS, i found that the user's account in AD is restricted to log on to spesific set of computers!.

What computer names should work to make him able to sign-in to lync?

Best Regards, Hany Taha | UC/Voice Infrastructure Consultant | Technical Consultancy Services | Nile.Com | Mobile: +20 (10) 01686836
    • Edited by Hany Taha Thursday, December 1, 2011 2:33 PM
    Thursday, December 1, 2011 2:32 PM

Answers

• Sorry Sean, but it is consistant.

all computers = success to sign-in

sellected = failed to sign-in

I gave up and made it to All Computers.

Best Regards, Hany Taha | UC/Voice Infrastructure Consultant | Technical Consultancy Services | Nile.Com | Mobile: +20 (10) 01686836
    Thursday, December 8, 2011 1:33 PM

All replies

• Have you set this to "All Computers" and tested signing in and does it work?

My initial thoughts are that you should put the hostnames of the Lync Servers in the list, but this kind of log on restriction will cause problems for you and just putting the Lync servers in the list may not fix it.

Justin Morris | Consultant | Modality Systems
    Lync Blog - www.justin-morris.net
    Twitter: @jm_deluxe
    If this post has been useful please click the green arrow to the left or click "Propose as answer"

Thursday, December 1, 2011 5:00 PM
  • Hi Justin,

Yes, I set it to all computers and it worked. and putting Lync servers hostnames didn't work :(

Sunday, December 4, 2011 8:33 AM
  • Strange, never seen this before. Restricting which machines a user can log onto shouldn't affect Lync signing in or not.

Can you try setting the same configuration up in AD for a different user and see if you can sign in with that user? That way we can determine consistently that this is causing the problem.

Justin Morris | Consultant | Modality Systems
    Lync Blog - www.justin-morris.net
    Twitter: @jm_deluxe
    If this post has been useful please click the green arrow to the left or click "Propose as answer"

Sunday, December 4, 2011 4:27 PM
  • Hi,

I have a test in my lync. I find that the Logon Workstations just control the AD user log on the computers, it does not influence the lync users log on.

So please restart the client PC, and check the lync client can sign in after AD user log on the computer. If not, what is the error message you get?

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Monday, December 5, 2011 8:07 AM

Thursday, December 8, 2011 1:33 PM

Any Update?_

Regards

Friday, May 3, 2013 6:44 AM
  • Hi,

We have the same problem, but only accesing from Windows Phone and from IOS. The android and also the Lync PC clients works from inside and from outside the network.

If we put to all computers works in IOS and windows phone, but if we put the AD servers and lync servers doesn't work.

Thanks in advance.

Aitor

Monday, December 23, 2013 3:10 PM