Click here to view more on Microsoft Exchange link missing RRS feed

• Question

• https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3154417 This does not help. I'm using the MSI version of Office 2016 16.0.4639.1000 32bit, the latest updates are installed as of today.

Problem is one of the suggestions in the article linked above is "Configure Outlook to keep all mail offline". This is not a valid option and goes against one of the main features of Caching mode which is to allow you to only download a specific time period of emails. The OST file would grow for some of my users past 5GB which would cause a whole other set of issues.

Another suggestion that doesn't appear to work for some reason is to set the Download Preferences to Download Full Items. This option is grayed out for some reason. I've set a GPO setting for this to disabled which should allow the end user to configure or set this option.

On my PC, which is office 2016 click to run, this is not a problem and I can set the Download Preferences to Download Full Items. I am in caching mode.

This suggests that there is a patch not available to the MSI version that has been release for the C2run version.

Any other suggestions? Please don't suggest a repair install of office or sfc /scannow.

Thanks,

John

• Moved by Steve Fan Monday, June 4, 2018 8:06 AM move to dedicated Outlook forum
    Friday, June 1, 2018 4:46 PM

All replies

• Hi John,

>>Another suggestion that doesn't appear to work for some reason is to set the Download Preferences to Download Full Items. This option is grayed out for some reason. I've set a GPO setting for this to disabled which should allow the end user to configure or set this option.

Which GPO setting did you use? There are two GPO settings could be used to disable the "Download Full Items" option.

Try setting both GPO settings to 'Not configured' and then see whether the "Download Full Items" is still greyed out. Try enable "Download Full Items" to see whether you can see the "Click here to view more on Microsoft Exchange" link now.

Regards,
    Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Proposed as answer by Steve Fan Thursday, June 7, 2018 9:56 AM
    Monday, June 4, 2018 8:06 AM
  • Dear John,

Any update here? Do not hesitate to post back if you still need further assistance.

Regards,
    Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Thursday, June 7, 2018 9:57 AM