Page Viewer Web Part not working RRS feed

• Question

• I have used my Page Viewer to link to a site that requires a log in to access. The login page loads perfectly but when a user enters their credentials into the site and selects the "Login" button, the page just reloads to the original login page. I know there is not a problem with the actual website because I can open it in a different tab and login on the first attempt.

Interesting side note: Once I login to the website in a different tab, I will be able to log into the Page Viewer for a couple of times right after but then stops. It appears to have difficulty sending the user credentials unless a separate instance is open and has already sent the credentials.

Has anybody else ran into this problem?

• Moved by Mike Walsh FIN Friday, September 23, 2011 3:36 PM std function not customization (From:SharePoint - Design and Customization (pre-SharePoint 2010))
    Friday, September 23, 2011 3:28 PM

Answers

• Over the last couple of years, there have been many safeguards added to browsers to prevent nasty stuff from happening. (Cross-Site Scripting) Unfortunately, this also causes some functionality to not work as desired. 

I find that using Trusted Sites helps about 75% of the time.  After that, I wish I knew more about the magic of Mr. Gore's intrawebs, but I'm too busy learning other stuff.

Steve Clark, MCTS | Twin-Soft.com
    • Marked as answer by Pengyu Zhao Friday, September 30, 2011 1:14 AM
    Monday, September 26, 2011 2:10 PM