none
Where are connections to Hyper-V VM Saved?

Question

• When I set up my VM I saved as below: 

1. Select Save my settings for future connections to this virtual machine.
    2. Screenshot that calls out the checkbox to select for this option.
    3. Click Connect.

Now I want to change the settings. Where are the settings saved? I just want to edit the settings!

I've tried to turn enhanced session mode off then hope to be prompted again to choose the settings, but it didn't work. All I want to do is save some files from my VM to a USB drive. 

I've tried to use: 'VMConnect.exe <ServerName> <VMName> /edit'

But all that command does is bring up the window that you can get to in Hyper-V manager.

I know I can access the USB drive because I have another VM that can access the USB drive.

• Edited by richie_41 Wednesday, March 29, 2017 2:20 PM
    Wednesday, March 29, 2017 2:13 PM

Answers

• If you still are not able to find it, you can find it if you browse to

C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Hyper-V\Client\1.0

The dialog options are stored there in the format: vmconnect.rdp.{virtual machine GUID}.config

Delete file and it will prompt you again with settings. If you do not know which one to delete you can delete all of them. OBS!!! just those with vmconnect.rdp

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    If you found this post helpful, please give it a "Helpful" vote. 
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    (This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread).

• Edited by Nedim Mehic Wednesday, March 29, 2017 2:45 PM
    • Marked as answer by richie_41 Wednesday, March 29, 2017 3:34 PM
    Wednesday, March 29, 2017 2:43 PM

All replies

• I don't see that option. I see all the other options. There is no Edit Session Settings to click on
    Wednesday, March 29, 2017 2:24 PM
  • I have clicked on the VM and there is no 'Edit Session Settings'

• Edited by richie_41 Wednesday, March 29, 2017 2:41 PM
    Wednesday, March 29, 2017 2:29 PM
  • Enhanced session is turned on. I have never seen 'Edit Session Settings' anywhere in the Hyper-V manager.

Like I say I know I can access the USB because my other VM can access it.

I used to just let the prompt come up every time to choose what settings but I clicked on save thinking I'd be safe but clearly not. There is no option showing to be able to edit the session settings.

When I right click on the VM, under connect is setting. I have never seen Edit Session Settings.
    • Edited by richie_41 Wednesday, March 29, 2017 2:50 PM
    Wednesday, March 29, 2017 2:48 PM
  • Please read my post above. Those settings are stored in C:\Users<user>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Hyper-V\Client\1.0

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    If you found this post helpful, please give it a "Helpful" vote. 
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    (This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread).

Wednesday, March 29, 2017 2:50 PM
  • Got it working now, thanks to your very handy tip on where to find the settings.

Thank you very much for your help :)

I set the value, that states if the settings have been saved, to false. Restarted my computer. Opened up the VM and there was the options to change the settings.

Wednesday, March 29, 2017 3:33 PM