crashing RRS feed

• Question

• Why does my laptop keep crashing   have installed AVG and Norton recently
    Wednesday, July 15, 2015 12:44 PM

Answers

• Hi, 

The crash can be caused by conflict between these 2 antivirus program. 

Please do a system restore back the point when the system worked fine, then choose one of these antivirus as your security program. 

Also, you can choose the Microsoft product: Microsoft security essentials, since 3rd part security application sometimes cause the system problems like crash, file missing or update issues. 

If the issue continues after above suggestions, please upload the minidump file as zig mentioned onto Onedrive or similar network drives and share the link here for our research. 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by Roger Lu Sunday, July 26, 2015 2:33 PM
    Saturday, July 18, 2015 3:17 PM

All replies

• You should NEVER have two active malware apps

We do need the actual log files (called a DMP files) as they contain the only record of the sequence of events leading up to the crash, what drivers were loaded, and what was responsible.  

Please follow our instructions for finding and uploading the files we need to help you fix your computer. They can be found here
    If you have any questions about the procedure please ask

Wanikiya and Dyami--Team Zigzag

Wednesday, July 15, 2015 12:57 PM
  • Why does my laptop keep crashing   have installed AVG and Norton recently

Sorry for the trouble. Could you please let me know more about the system crash? Are you suspecting any infection on your computer? May I know the name and version of Norton you have? I can help.

Thanks!

Raj

Norton Support

Friday, July 17, 2015 2:11 AM
  • Hi, 

The crash can be caused by conflict between these 2 antivirus program. 

Please do a system restore back the point when the system worked fine, then choose one of these antivirus as your security program. 

Also, you can choose the Microsoft product: Microsoft security essentials, since 3rd part security application sometimes cause the system problems like crash, file missing or update issues. 

If the issue continues after above suggestions, please upload the minidump file as zig mentioned onto Onedrive or similar network drives and share the link here for our research. 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by Roger Lu Sunday, July 26, 2015 2:33 PM
    Saturday, July 18, 2015 3:17 PM
  • AVG antivirus is crashing so many times. You need to change the version of AVG or uninstall it.
    Saturday, July 18, 2015 3:19 PM